Air France and Qatar Airways say they are allowing nationals targeted by a US travel ban to board flights to America, after a federal judge suspended the controversial move.
On Friday Seattle judge James Robart ruled that President Donald Trump’s ban on travellers from seven mainly Muslim nations last week was unconstitutional.
The administration, which says the order is designed to protect the US, is expected to appeal against the ruling.
The ban has caused confusion and anger.
Its implementation was halted with immediate effect by Friday’s ruling in Seattle.
Customs officials told airlines that they could resume boarding banned travellers. Within hours, Qatar Airways said it would do so, followed by Air France.
“Nationals from the countries concerned are being authorised to fly once again to the United States, providing their papers and visas are in order,” Air France spokesman Herve Erschler said.
The administration is expected to seek an emergency stay that would restore the restrictions.
In a statement, the White House described Mr Trump’s directive as “lawful and appropriate”.
“The president’s order is intended to protect the homeland and he has the constitutional authority and responsibility to protect the American people,” the statement said.