Five Pakistan Army soldiers embraced martyrdom in an explosion along the Line of Control (LoC) in Azad Jammu and Kashmir’s (AJK) Chamb sector on Wednesday, military officials said.
The nature of the explosion, which took place in Barnala area earlier today, is being ascertained, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement.
“The incident is evident of state sponsored terrorism by India violating bilateral ceasefire agreement and the international rules,” it added.
The martyred are identified as following:
1. Subedar Muhammad Sadiq, a 44-year-old resident of village Bandi located in Authmaqam tehsil of Neelam district. After serving for 23 years in armed forces, he is survived by three sons and two daughters.
2. Sepoy Muhammamd Tayyab, a 26-year-old married man hailing from village Surakhi in Khushab. He had been serving his country for the last five years.
3. Naik Sher Zaman, a 36-year-old father of two sons and as many daughters who spent 13 years in the armed forces. He was a resident of village Shamashaki in Karak district.
4. Sepoy Zohaib , a 20-year-old married youth who had joined the forces only seven months ago.He was resident of village Nandi Nar Ghamir Manhdala in Poonch district’s Hajira tehsil.
5. Sepoy Ghulam Qasim , a 22-year-old resident of village Sahiwal in Sargodha district who had joined the armed forces last year.