Hezbollah fully prepared to deliver crushing response if Israel attacks Lebanon: Analyst

Amid the Israeli regime’s ongoing military drills in the occupied territories, a Lebanese political analyst says the Hezbollah resistance movement is fully prepared to give a crushing response to Tel Aviv in case of any mistake, or attack on Lebanon.

The Israeli regime’s ongoing military drills aim to send a threatening message to the Hezbollah movement, amid the ongoing economic, social, financial and political crisis in Lebanon, Faysal Abdel Sater told Press TV on Thursday.

He added that Israel is staging the maneuvers at a time that it is aware of the resistance movement’s high power and simultaneous with a full-scale Palestinian uprising, which shows the depth of a critical situation that the regime is grappling with.

The Israeli military started early on Sunday what it claimed was its “largest” exercise, saying the drills would last about a month and the participants would practice combat and emergency scenarios in all fields.

The regime added that the drills involved both regular and reserve forces from the entire military commands and forces.

Lebanon’s Arabic-language online newspaper el-Nashra on Saturday quoted the Lebanese media as saying that Hezbollah has moved to high alert and significantly increased its combat readiness during the Israeli regime’s ongoing military drills, emphasizing that the resistance movement was on the highest alert level since the 33-day Israeli war on Lebanon in the summer of 2006.

In his comments to Press TV, Sater said a regime that has been established based on military, security, and intelligence structures always tries to pretend that no one can defeat it.

As the Israeli regime has announced, the drills are an asymmetrical war with the Lebanese resistance movement, he added and emphasized that consecutive incidents in Israel show that it is faced with an unprecedented political and military stalemate.

The commentator said the Palestinian people’s brave resistance during their recent violent conflicts with Israel has posed a serious challenge to the Tel Aviv regime and will impact the nature of its political and military decisions about finding ways to dominate the al-Aqsa Mosque.

He was also asked about the possibility of the continuation of the recent flare-up between the Palestinians and Israel and any link between the Israeli regime’s drills and efforts by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to break the existing impasse.

Sater said the resistance front is following up on the Palestinian cause with full preparedness and seriousness.

Such possibilities do exist, but Netanyahu is not capable of beginning new adventurism, he pointed out.

Gaza and the occupied Palestinian territories have been simmering with rage in the past weeks over the regime’s scheme to expel dozens of Palestinians from their homes in the volatile Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood of the Old City in occupied East Jerusalem al-Quds as part of a long-running scheme to Judaize Palestinian lands.

The anger further intensified earlier this month with Israeli attacks on Palestinian worshipers in the al-Aqsa Mosque complex during the fasting days of the holy Muslim month of Ramadan.

Amid the tension, Israel has launched yet another brutal aerial campaign against mainly civilian targets in Gaza. So far, at least 83 Palestinians, including women and children, have lost their lives and nearly 500 others have been wounded as a result of Israel’s air raids.

The Israeli military has been under fire globally over its crimes against Palestinians, especially those residing in Gaza, which has already been under a crippling Israeli siege.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close
Close