The Saudi-led military coalition has upped the ante in war-ravaged Yemen, with its fighter jets launching fresh raids in north-western Sa’ada Province.
Yemeni media reports said the latest military aggression targeted al-Dhaher district, southwest of the provincial capital Sana’a, on Tuesday, resulting in serious damage to civilian properties.
It comes in the wake of repeated ceasefire violations by Saudi-led foreign mercenaries in strategic al-Hudaydah Province, which borders Red Sea.
Its capital, by the same name, is the fourth-largest city in Yemen and principal port on the Red Sea.
According to Yemen News Agency (SABA), quoting a military official, the foreign mercenaries on Monday carried out around 190 violations of the ceasefire in the province.
The report said the military jets of Saudi-backed aggressors conducted raids on the areas of al-Jabaliyah, al-Fazah and al-Tahita, firing 92 shells and 137 bullets.
Masirah, in its report, also confirmed the relentless military raids in Hudaydah Province.
It said the Saudi-led coalition forces have not only been targeting the strategic province with large-scale airstrikes but also conducting raids with spy planes.
The war-torn country has been beset by violence and chaos since 2015, when Saudi Arabia and its allies launched a devastating military campaign to reinstall the Saudi-friendly regime of Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi in Sana’a.
The protracted war has killed hundreds of thousands of Yemenis and created the worst humanitarian catastrophe in modern history.
The regime in Riyadh, facing multiple setbacks in the battlefield, has recently started recruiting Daesh and al-Qaeda terrorists in Yemen, who have faced stiff resistance from the Yemeni military, too.
In addition to Sa’da and al-Hudaydah, Saudi-backed mercenaries continue their destabilizing activities in other provinces like Ma’rib, about 120 kilometers east of Sana’a.
Over the past few months, the strategic province has been the scene of large-scale operations by Yemeni armed forces, strongly pushing back Saudi-backed mercenaries.
Pertinently, since the establishment of Al-Hudaydah ceasefire within the framework of the Stockholm Agreement in 2018, Saudi Arabia has failed to adhere to it.
Despite widespread protests in Yemen over Riyadh’s non-compliance with the ceasefire agreement, the United Nations has so far taken no action to stop the Saudi-led aggression.
On August 8, thousands of Yemenis marched through the streets of Sana’a to protest Saudi blockade, supported by the West, and the economic hardships resulting from it.